Join The Team!
Murrieta’s Bar & Grill is in the heart of downtown Calgary, we strive for a warm and comfortable dining experience for all guests. Our menu offers an array of selections, each hand-crafted using fresh, quality ingredients. Careful thought and consideration have gone into every part of what we do here at Murrieta’s. From the selection of steaks, cocktail creations, and signature wine list. And we would like you to be a part of delivering that experience.
Click your desired job to apply today.
We are looking for an enthusiastic beverage manager to provide an excellent guest experience. The beverage manager we select will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations as well as manage a large wine inventory and work closely with supplies to keep the menu up to date and outstanding. Compensation for this position includes salary and tips.
Our beverage manager would be overseeing the beverage program from planning to execution. Training of new staff would also be key. Their job will be to manage the day-to-day operations, supervise and delegate responsibilities amongst staff, organize seminars and activities, set objectives and guidelines, monitor inventories to ensure an adequate supply of beverages, and coordinate with suppliers to purchase orders, building positive business relationships in the process. Moreover, a beverage manager monitors operations and resolves issues promptly and professionally, all while implementing policies and regulations.
We are looking for enthusiastic servers to provide an excellent guest experience. Servers must have excellent wine knowledge and a passion for food. You’ll be the face of our restaurant and responsible for our customers’ experiences.
Food server responsibilities include ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive, presenting menus and serving food and beverages. You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you.
Under the guidance of the General Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the bar and restaurant’s operations run smoothly and according to the policies, procedures, and goals of the company and government employment standards.
The Assistant Manager will support the role of General Manager to increase long term profitability through continuous improvement of team member morale, guest satisfaction and excellence in operations execution. You must provide the the highest level of service and care to our guests and to your crew members.
Based on job description includes but is not limited to:
- Shift Management
- Providing crew Leadership and maintaining focus and morale
- Communicating with guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Must have a noticeable and commanding presence on the floor
- All other key areas and tasks as required by the General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous Management experience in a high volume, full service restaurant.
- Proven Leadership Skills; People development, floor management, company policies and procedures, time management, problem solving/decision making.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with inventory and reporting a must
- Wine and cocktail knowledge an asset
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills; Initiative, Positive Attitude, communication skills, professional appearance/grooming.
- Excellent Work Ethic; Driven, Organized, Good Administration Skills, Dependable, Flexible
- Growth mindset
Chef de Partie
Are you looking for a job that gives you the opportunity to lead a team and perfect your skills, while providing a stable income, regular shifts and excellent career prospects?
If so, you are in luck as a Chef de Partie job can provide all of these things and what’s more. If you are a reliable, quick thinking, creative person then a job as a Chef de Partie may be the perfect job for you.
A Chef de Partie runs a specific section in a kitchen, and report to the Sous Chef. The role is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes within the speciality section
- Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
- Preparing meat and fish
- Assisting with the management of health and safety
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices
- Managing and training any Commis Chefs
- Monitoring portion and waste control
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards
We are looking for a professional Line Cook who can help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals, and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business.